5 reasons why you need to CLEAN UP your beauty routine.

BCblush.jpg

There's a major shift happening in the world right now.

People are becoming more aware than ever before. Aware of social injustices, aware of better ways to manage health, and aware of the chemicals that have been finding their way into personal health products and food for far too long. In an effort to "clean up" my beauty and skin care routine for 2018, I was APPALLED at what I found in my research...

It is my intention to use this space I have created here on the internet to inspire others to live their best life, naturally. And I genuinely feel that in order to live your best life, you have to clean it up. Literally, and figuratively. In the literal sense, your skin care and make up products is a MUST on your list of clean up to-dos.

Brushes-with-Makeup.png

Here are 5 reasons why:

1. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and since it is porous, it absorbs whatever you put on it. A study published in the American Journal of Public Health looked into the skin's absorption rates of chemicals found in drinking water. It showed that the skin absorbed an average of 64% of total contaminant dosage. That's water. Imagine what it's absorbing of the chemical filled products your using daily...

infographic-beautycounter.jpg

2. The United States has introduced over 80,000 chemicals since WWII and only 10% of those chemicals have safety data. So that means the other 90% of chemicals being added to our everyday products have little to no research done on them, and ZERO safety data collected. Terrifying.

3.  There are 1,400 chemical ingredients commonly used in U.S. skincare products that are banned in the European Union. In the U.S. there are only 30 chemical ingredients banned. THIRTY compared to ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED...the numbers just don't make sense. That right there made me want to dump out every U.S brand make-up product I own. 

4. There is a link between some of these chemicals and chronic health issues. (which, duh...) Toxic chemicals can mess with your hormones, potentially causing infertility, and many of the ingredients in conventional skin and beauty products have been linked to cancer. And these chemicals are being used on our bodies DAILY. 

Beautycounter-Safety-By-The-Numbers-500x500.jpg

5. There is a complete lack of regulation and all the loop holes when it comes to the ingredients companies are allowed to use — and we put those ingredients on ourselves and our families each and everyday. If our government won't do it, it's time we make a stand and do it for ourselves and our families! 

 

Okay, now that you know WHY you need to clean up your beauty routine; here's HOW:

Beauty-Counter-Logo.jpg
beautycounter+cosmetics-2.jpeg

BeautyCounter is on a mission to get safer products in the hands of everyone. Gregg Renfrew, BeautyCounter's founder and CEO said it best:

"Women have been asked to compromise their health and safety in the name of beauty for far to long."

BeautyCounter does a wonderful job in cleaning up their products and being transparent about what is in each product, all the while maintaining high quality product! You know the feeling when you're using an all natural product and  you have to convince yourself you love it because it's good for you? NOT with BeautyCounter! I fell in love with their make up products long before I even learned about the deeper beauty of their products with their high standards for cleaner beauty. 

Interested in learning more!? Leave your email address below or contact me at motherhoodessentials1@gmail.com . 

Let's clean up your beauty routine for a healthier + happier YOU! 

xx