This month we're going to be rounding up some of my favorite DIY gifts to make for your friends & fam this holiday season using doTERRA Essential Oils. (If you're a simple minded, not over the top kind of DIY-er, this post is for YOU.)
Here are some of my favorite DIY recipes from doterrablog.com--they're simple & totally cute!
+ FIZZING BATH BOMBS
1 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
8-10 drops favorite essential oil or blend
Note: Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section.
Tip: You could also use almond oil or olive oil in the place of doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- In bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil or essential oil blend of your choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Note: Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity®. For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss®, or Peppermint.
- See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-fizzing-bath-bombs#sthash.x3LVWNiO.dpuf
+ BATH SALT ORNAMENT
Round plastic ornaments
1 cup Epsom salt (you may need more or less depending on the size of your ornament)
5-10 drops of your favorite doTERRA essential oil
- Mix desired amount of Epsom salt in bowl and add some skin-safe colorant if desired.
- Add dried herbs or flower petals to mixture for color and added aroma.
- Add the essential oils of your choice; mix well.
- Add the bath salt to plastic ornaments until full.
- Once full, put the top of ornament back on.
- When ready to use, add desired amount to warm bath.
- See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-bath-salt-ornaments#sthash.4HTlpfus.dpuf
+ CANDY CANE SCRUB
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
12 drops Peppermint essential oil
Skin safe food coloring
Tip: In place of white sugar, you could use sea salt. In place of Fractionated Coconut oil you could use almond oil, grapeseed oil or olive oil.
- Combine sugar and Fractionated Coconut Oil in bowl.
- Divide mixture equally into two bowls.
- In one bowl, add red skin safe food coloring.
- Layer red and white scrub to create a ‘candy cane’ effect.
- See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-candy-cane-sugar-scrub#sthash.FlehR5XY.dpuf