Whipped up some of my favorite body butter today and thought I would share the recipe. It's quick + easy and my FAVORITE body butter ever. I started using it during my second pregnancy to prevent stretch marks and let me tell you, it worked wonders.
Here's the recipe:
(All ingredients are linked as to where you can find them!)
1 Cup Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
You can shop all these oils HERE.
1. Heat shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler until melted.
2. Remove from heat then add aloe, jojoba, and rose water.
3. Pour mixture into a bowl and place in refrigerator until returned to solid (about 20 minutes)
4. With a stand mixer whip solid mixture until fluffy (2-3 minutes)
5. With mixer running, add essential oils one at a time.
Once all ingredients have been combined, scoop into a jar and voila! You have the PERFECT body butter! I love these jars from Oil Life. But you can also get them from amazon here.
Speaking from experience, this makes an AMAZING gift for any moms to be in your life. Not only is it an amazingly moisturizing body butter, it makes the ideal belly butter too!